Sunday, January 10, 2010

And it's been a while....

I've been meaning to post, but we've been SO busy *doing* the house-stuff it's been hard to write about it! : )

Unless something Totally unexpected and unforeseen happens we should be able to close on the house by the end of January! I'm so excited!

I keep coming up with new ideas and thoughts and plans....it's going to be SO much FUN having a house of my own to work on! ; )

I'm thinking a brown....chocolate...for the hall, browns and greens for almost every room, really.

The kitchen a creamy background with darker...coffee....over it, and I'm thinking knockdown or skip trowel texture (and the technique ). I haven't fully decided about that yet, though. The walls either are or might be in sad shape and require covering....two are covered with icky old paneling...so we have no idea what's back there. On the uncovered wall, though, there is a rough place where the removal of old wallpaper border broke the plaster. I'm thinking texturing might be the only nice option...who knows, though! : )

I also want a blackboard/magnetic wall in the kitchen. DH is arguing against it...he thinks it might be *too much* but I really want one. The wall leading to the hall is a short wall, maybe 8 feet to the doorway, and I want it like a blackboard with creme/coffee checkered border. Well...I can see it in *my* head.... ; )

The bathroom already has nice tan tiles, so I'm going with browns and greens there, too. A ferny green...I picked some and dried them and they're now waiting in a book for frames. : ) I'm thinking a chives green for the kitchen...it's brighter than the ferns, and I need to separate my chives anyway. ; ) I'll have some pots of herbs....that's what I'm thinking for the kitchen, browns, green and herbs....and maybe DH will make shelves for the herbs in the windows. The kitchen has two long south-facing windows that I think will be perfect for herbs. ; )

The living room I haven't been able to decide about yet. DH went and got a couch I think is lovely....but....it's not really what I wanted in *my* house. It has....flowers..... I was SO wanting a flowing theme throughout the house, and the other rooms seem to be flowing with me, but then I get to the living room and come to a screeching halt. It has......flowers.... I haven't envisioned flowers anywhere in the house...well, besides Anna's room, and she's 12. ; )

I'll live, I guess. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment